Welcome

Good Gabble Newzine first started distribution around Australia in both hardcopy and e-newzine in February 2010. Each month Good Gabble celebrates all things positive. You can learn more about this innovative and exciting newzine and subscribe at http://goodgabble.blogspot.com. Join us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Gabble-Newzine/255402333689?ref=mf

In March 2010 Good Gabble hit the road, being produced and published around Australia, whilst its founders spread the message of positivity and shared stories of the good nature of the Australian people and business's.

This is the adventure of one magazine, two co-founders and a family who had a dream of a world where positivity is the norm and the negativity of the mainstream media is long forgotten.

Here they share their journey. From the idea of a newzine, to the people they meet, the sites they see and the positivity they hear. This is the story of how one dream can change the lives of many and how a little positivity can create a chain of never ending hope.

Gabbling Around Australia - One Dream, One Goal, One Land.





Where have we been?

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day!

   Today is mothers day and what a better way to spend it than with my three babies and the freedom of life. After weeks of rain and nasty weather the sun has even decided to bless us with its rays making the day brighter and more cheery.

  So how did you spend your mothers day? Were you showered in presents with breakfast in bed or was the love of your children all you needed. For me it was the later. The children would have liked to have given me a mothers day present and still today feel guilty that they have not but money is tight so it was not to be. This is not an issue to me and I am sure my children understand this. To me mothers day, or any day that society relates to one day of the year, is really put forward for marketing and consumerism reasons. Why do we need one day of a year to show someone how special they are. My children do this each day in a lot of ways.

  Each morning as I wake up to their smiling faces and cheering good mornings I feel blessed to be given the chance of being their mum. I very rarely argue with my children as we are open, honest and great friends. We live with the only rule being that we respect each other and treat each other as we would like to be treated.This works well for us, with the children very rarely fighting. I often have old ladies in the caravan parks take the time to congratulate me on my well behaved children, commenting on the family unit and how well we work together. This is the best present I can get and it isn't even on mothers day.

  As I sit typing this little Celeste comes and hands me a hair clip asking me to put it in my hair. As I clip it in she reaches out to me and with an angelic smile and cuddle says "I love you mummy" I thank her and tell her I love her too. She looks up at me and says " You look pretty with your hair tie in mummy" What better present could I ask for. At nearly three she has many times during her day to tell me she loves me and plant a kiss on me.Then there are the flowers (weeds) picked, along with mushrooms and snails that we share. There are the beautiful drawings, the playdough creatures and the pretend cups of tea. This is all her showing that she loves me and appreciates me in her own way. Of course there are the two year old tantrums but, although at times I too become frustrated, I know that this is normal and will one day pass.

  Although older, my other two children also have their way of showing they care. There are the facebook messages, even when I am in the same van, and the text messages when they are away from me. There is the cuddles and I love you's. There is the understanding when they cannot go somewhere as we have no money and the sharing of there last five cents to get us through the week. They help me clean, cook, wash and set up camp. They are wonderful with their little sister and nothing is ever too hard. There is the sharing of each little achievement. Even when I am not with them they take the time to ring me when something wonderful happens to tell me about it.

So when the kids asked what I wanted for mothers day and they realised we had no money I told them I had all I wanted - them in my life and their love.Today Samantha will cook me chocolate biscuits at the camp kitchen and I got a coffee in bed. Today I share my day with my children just like I would every day. My kids are my world and it is me who should be thanking them for being in my life and giving me joy.

 To all mothers I wish you a happy mothers day and hope it was a great one........To me mothers day is every day. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Reading that brought a tear to my eye, it's so beautiful that you have a relationship with your kids like that. I know it's belated, but Happy Mother's Day Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete