Welcome

Good Gabble Newzine first started distribution around Australia in both hardcopy and e-newzine in February 2010. Each month Good Gabble celebrates all things positive. You can learn more about this innovative and exciting newzine and subscribe at http://goodgabble.blogspot.com. Join us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Gabble-Newzine/255402333689?ref=mf

In March 2010 Good Gabble hit the road, being produced and published around Australia, whilst its founders spread the message of positivity and shared stories of the good nature of the Australian people and business's.

This is the adventure of one magazine, two co-founders and a family who had a dream of a world where positivity is the norm and the negativity of the mainstream media is long forgotten.

Here they share their journey. From the idea of a newzine, to the people they meet, the sites they see and the positivity they hear. This is the story of how one dream can change the lives of many and how a little positivity can create a chain of never ending hope.

Gabbling Around Australia - One Dream, One Goal, One Land.





Where have we been?

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A gift that touched the heart

    Some Good Gabble readers may be aware that at the end of July I celebrated a birthday. At 40+ this is really no big event but a day that I spent quietly with my children who spoilt me rotten. My day was made even more special by all the messages I received from Good Gabble readers and Facebook friends. Messages of well wishes and love came through my computer throughout the day touching my heart. To all I say thank you. You made my day special and one that I will always remember. You also gave me hope and showed me why Good Gabble Newzine is needed and helped me focus on the reason we are here. With these well wishes I saw a community that is growing and spreading the positivity and love that this world needs. This community is what Good Gabble is all about.You are the inspiration and hope that keeps us going.

   A week ago I received a card  that I was not expecting. This card came from a Good Gabble reader Kelly Azuma who has touched my heart in many ways since we met, she is truly an inspirational lady. It touched my heart in such a way that I felt a need to share it with all.

  The card Kelly sent was a lovely fun loving heart warming card with the quote "The most wasted of all days is that during which one has not laughed" Nicolas De Chamfort - simple, true and beautiful. Within the card Kelly had written me a message letting me know how much I mean to her, as she does to me. What touched me the most was the thought and time that had been put into this unexpected gift. Within the card were two coupons entitling me to a free coffee of my choice. Kelly had turned these coupons into small pockets which she had decorated with stickers. Within each pocket she had place enough money to cover a cup of coffee. Kelly, and most Good Gabble readers, would know I have a love ( or addiction as my kids say ) to coffee, this leading to me reviewing cafes as I travel. This gift was personal and touched my heart.

  Thank you Kelly, your friendship is cherished. You have shown all that such a simple gesture and a little of ones time and thought can touch another, making them smile and feel loved. I have shared my gift and story with many causing them to smile and spread the positivity.

A gift that touched the heart

Enjoying my coffee - thank you Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it and I feel very honoured (and a little embarrassed) that you post about it on your blog. :) I can't wait to meet you all next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I made you feel embarrassed, you should be so proud of yourself, it is a gift that has touched my heart and one I will always remember. xxxx

    ReplyDelete