Welcome

Good Gabble Newzine first started distribution around Australia in both hardcopy and e-newzine in February 2010. Each month Good Gabble celebrates all things positive. You can learn more about this innovative and exciting newzine and subscribe at http://goodgabble.blogspot.com. Join us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Gabble-Newzine/255402333689?ref=mf

In March 2010 Good Gabble hit the road, being produced and published around Australia, whilst its founders spread the message of positivity and shared stories of the good nature of the Australian people and business's.

This is the adventure of one magazine, two co-founders and a family who had a dream of a world where positivity is the norm and the negativity of the mainstream media is long forgotten.

Here they share their journey. From the idea of a newzine, to the people they meet, the sites they see and the positivity they hear. This is the story of how one dream can change the lives of many and how a little positivity can create a chain of never ending hope.

Gabbling Around Australia - One Dream, One Goal, One Land.





Where have we been?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Call That Made My Day.

  Today I received a phone call that brightened my day and made me feel that Good Gabble is making a difference. Good Gabble does not make us money but we do it with passion in our heart, hope for a better world and the goal of making a difference to at least one person every day, if it only be for 5 mins. Today we achieved.

  As I answered my mobile this morning I was greeted by a cheerful and excited voice on the other end who informed me that her name was Maggie Vescio. In our May issue we ran an article titled 'Enjoy Your Nectarine' by Keith Ready. This article spoke of the outstanding service that Maggie, and Nick Quattroville, provide at Nick's Quality Fruit Supply in Naraweena NSW.

  At Good Gabble we feel it is important that "the little man" is given recognition for the good work and service that he provides, therefore it was with pleasure that we ran Keith's article about two people who where going beyond the call of duty and touching the lives of their customers. To also show our recognition we felt it important that we present Maggie and Nick with a laminated certificate that they could display with pride in their shop.

  Maggie and Nick had no idea that we had published the article so were shocked when complimentary copies and the certificate arrived in the mail. Maggie did not have to take the time to ring me and personally thank me but did. It was this small gesture that made my day and made me feel what we are doing is worthwhile. The excitement and cheer in her voice was priceless. We had a lovely chat and I hope to be able to drop in for a visit when we are in NSW.

If we bottled what Maggie and Nick offered this world we would never sell it as how do you put a price tag on something so valuable.

 Thank you Maggie for taking the time to contact me, my day has been brighter because of you.


Do you know someone who deserves recognition? We would love to give them the credit they deserve...contact us at goodgabble@gmail.com




Article published in Good Gabble Issue 4 may 2010

Enjoy Your Nectarine

. . . . and remember genuine service and quality product builds a great business

I live in an area where there a number of what can be described as the traditional family run corner store. From my perspective, the success and viability of the corner store business is totally dependent on good product, good service and convenience combined with great people working behind and in front of the counter. In recent years there has been a resurgence in the corner store business, mainly because many of us are now extremely time poor and need convenience when we shop. Enough of the background, now to my story.

Within walking distance of my home is a unique corner store business. It is owned and run by a local family and it offers a variety of general groceries and convenience items, plus some really great ‘cooked on the premises’ food that you can take home, heat up and eat plus a sensational selection of really good quality fruit and vegetables.

For the last three years I have been a regular customer and mainly for one product - fresh red apples, which I have then given away at the conclusion of training and workshop programs I have conducted on delivering exceptional customer service. Over that time, I estimate that I have purchased in excess of 1500 apples from this corner store because they always have fresh, crunchy, quality red apples with no bruises and dints in them. I am sure you would not be surprised when I tell you that in all that time, I have not had a bad apple.

What has always amazed me about this business is that often just as I am about to leave, the father who the business is named after, presents me with a fresh piece of fruit, such as a nectarine. Just before this happens, I usually see him out of the corner of my eye go over to the fruit section - pick out a piece of fruit, give it the once over and an affectionate polish on his apron, then with a big smile on his face - he offers it to me with his compliments. Now call this what you wish, I see this gesture as a simple expression of appreciation for my business and that he wants to make his customers feel good. The pay off is that I keep coming back to shop not just for the great apples and the free piece of fresh fruit, but because he makes me feel extra special and appreciated.

Nick’s Quality Fruit Supply in Narraweena is owned and run by Nick (the father), Maggie (his daughter) and the other members of the family. They always smile, acknowledge and talk to their customers in a warm and friendly manner and as you would expect they know most of their customers by their first name, including me.

I am sure that Nick, Maggie and all the family also know instinctively that if you treat your customers with genuine courtesy and respect, do the little things very well, appreciate them, offer them the best quality product and are always pleased to be of service - you will create a very successful business and they have.

So what is the message behind this story - when you have your business running with all the right ingredients in place and working well, you have time to do the extra little things that make your customers feel special and talk about you!

Put simply, when we get it all going right, then we can deliver the nectarines in our business.

Written by Keith Ready - Inspired by Maggie and her family





No comments:

Post a Comment