Welcome

Good Gabble Newzine first started distribution around Australia in both hardcopy and e-newzine in February 2010. Each month Good Gabble celebrates all things positive. You can learn more about this innovative and exciting newzine and subscribe at http://goodgabble.blogspot.com. Join us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Gabble-Newzine/255402333689?ref=mf

In March 2010 Good Gabble hit the road, being produced and published around Australia, whilst its founders spread the message of positivity and shared stories of the good nature of the Australian people and business's.

This is the adventure of one magazine, two co-founders and a family who had a dream of a world where positivity is the norm and the negativity of the mainstream media is long forgotten.

Here they share their journey. From the idea of a newzine, to the people they meet, the sites they see and the positivity they hear. This is the story of how one dream can change the lives of many and how a little positivity can create a chain of never ending hope.

Gabbling Around Australia - One Dream, One Goal, One Land.





Where have we been?

Friday, April 23, 2010

The sounds of nature

 I sit here in my 12 foot van creating our new blog spot as the children sleep. The sound of silence is serene. It has been raining for the past two days, and on and off for days beforehand. Previously feeling frustrated that I cannot wash and that is has cost me $20 to wash and put three loads of clothes through the dryer, I wonder what my stress is all about. We are dry, healthy and warm. What do I really have to complain about when to some my van would be heaven. After all I do this by choice.

  I sit and I listen in the silence. The pitter patter of the rain on the metal van is soothing music to my ears. The wind howls occassionly giving me a reminder of its presence and changing the rhythm of the rain ever so lightly. I walk to the amenities with the soft freshness of the rain tapping me on the shoulder reminding me of the blessing of it in our lives as a much needed resource. As I sit here I visualise and remember the squeals of delight as little Celeste runs in the rain, splashing in the puddles full of innocence and life. How she is delighted to discover the mushrooms that spring up every so often in the lawns.How she caresses and talks to the snails who we greet as they cross our path. I think of the magpies that greet me every morning as I open my van door. They stand at the door, look inside and chortle a beautiful tune as I thank them for their blessing and visit  Undisturbed by the dog, who also sits quietly and listens, they grab their morning takings of dry dog food and off they go. I believe we truly communicate and that this is the true bonding and unity of nature and man.

  This is life. This is really what living is all about. About being, seeing and experiencing. About being aware of what is around us and thankful for every moment we are given. About enjoying 'us' for who we are and the contribution we make to this world, but most of all being aware that this world relies on us to make the right choices. Nature is our mother, we need to show it respect. Without it we would not live. It nurtures and bonds with us as it provides us with the ability to survive. We must love it unconditionally and thank it for all it gives.

  Tread lightly through this life aware of all around you Make choices wisely, considering the long term effect on our mother. She is all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment